Caren Orum, Alumni Parent
“We had a freshman parent meeting at Branson tonight with the Dean of Freshmen. In discussing the transition for the class, she mentioned that a lot of kids are feeling extremely overwhelmed by the workload, having to learn to advocate for themselves, how to be organized and manage study materials and are dealing with high expectations.
…I just wanted to say thank you to the teachers at MTS. Alex is not overwhelmed by the workload, is used to advocating for himself and reaching out to teachers and has a solid background in binders/study skills/note taking etc. So THANK YOU! To all of you!”
Annabelle, MTS Alumna
“Not only has the MTS Physical Education program helped me pursue a number of short and long term fitness goals, the school's 'group play' activities have helped me build self-esteem while also learning to communicate more effectively with my peers.”
Kristen LeMaster, Current Parent, San Francisco
“Marin gets more sunshine and warmer temperatures [than San Francisco], and the kids get to spend real quality time outdoors. The bus can take them right to the JCC for afterschool activities – it’s like a built in carpool! Kaia came home so excited because she saw a whale breaching in the Bay on their trip over the Golden Gate Bridge. Things just feel more peaceful, with less stress, and the kids pick up on that.”
Christina Scott, Current Parent, Tiburon
- The Interpersonal Connections… The depth of emotional protection, care, attention and security given to students due to the intimate nature of the MTS environment (ie. departmentalization and so many teachers attending to each student every day and able to notice changes, growing interests, or any issues.
- The Level of Trust MTS has honorably earned. We trust the school to be stewards of our children’s growth and advocates of their well-being.
- The depth of meaningful communication and transparency from the Head of school, Teachers, Administrators and Board.
- The Extraordinary Joy… The comfort and happiness of teachers and students working in their element, in and out the classroom, students playing together outdoors, connecting with their teachers formally and informally.
- The Intimacy and Care… It feels like a big inspiring and nurturing family to our children.
- The Pleasure and Appreciation of Volunteering… that it is celebrated by the faculty consistently.
- The Laughter… The humor and candor of Andrew towards students, faculty, and parents alike, in addition to his serious and phenomenal leadership.
- The Sincerity of the Teachers… The accessibility and phenomenal personal and professional manners on all levels of engagement.