Please review Supplies & Summer Reading
- MTS book bag: blue or red (purchase through MTS Office)
- Backpack to travel between home and school
- 1 Pencil pouch with zipper (sturdy)
- 1 Extra pencil pouch with zipper (sturdy)
- 12 #2 sharpened pencils
- 1 pack classic color broad tip color markers (set of 8)
- 1 pack classic color narrow tip markers (set of 8)
- 1 pack colored pencils: classic color “Twistable” crayons (set of 12-16)
- 2 Large erasers
- 4 Folders with two pockets (sturdy)
- 2 Glue Sticks
- 1 Pencil sharpener
* MTS is pre-registered in the Office Depot Give-Back Program. When parents, teachers and students purchase school supplies at any Office Depot, 5% of all qualifying items will be tallied toward a merchandise credit for MTS. Our school ID# is: 70010829.
* Please label all supplies with student’s name or initials. If you have any questions about school supplies, please contact the front office.
Dear MTS Families,
Summer is upon us. What a great year it has been! I have loved getting to know your children and following their reading adventures. With that said, reading is an important part of everyday life. Just because it is summer, students should not put their books away! The more students read, the better readers they will be. I am strongly encouraging all students to sign up at their local public libraries and participate in the summer reading programs. I might even give prizes to those students who bring in their summer reading lists to me when we resume school in August. The summer reading programs are loads of fun, with some great prizes and fabulous programming. The teen programs are also wonderful opportunities.
Attached is my list by grade levels, and for the middle school grades it is based on content. I always like to tell parents that if you are unsure about a book, check Amazon for the School Library Journal review. They are usually very spot on for very age appropriate material.
While this list is not complete, I put many of my favorites that I recommend and I have also included new books for 2017 as well. I will be busy myself, reading and keeping up with your children this summer with my own reading list.
Many Public libraries will also have reading lists. I will be happy to help with personalized reading lists over the summer and will be available by email July 1st. I’m always happy to hear from my readers.
Here are the links to the public libraries. I’m encouraging all students to get their own library cards.
Marin Country Public Free Library : http://www.marinlibrary.org/
San Francisco Public Library: https://sfpl.org/
If you are going to purchase books, Book Passage is a wonderful bookstore to support and please don’t forget to mention MTS, our school code is 30, and we will receive a rebate for all purchases towards new purchases in the fall. Books, Inc in the city is also a great bookstore with wonderful book clubs and events for students in the intermediate grades.
I hope you find this list helpful. We hope you and your family will read many stories this summer and reap all of the wonderful benefits that reading has to offer! Have a wonderful and restful summer!