Employment at MTS
At MTS we seek educators who share a commitment to "knowledge and goodness" and have experience creating an "academically inspiring and nurturing environment." Engaged in the classroom, all of our teachers also take an active role in school life outside of the classroom. As a community of adults, we are committed to professional excellence. The school provides ample opportunities and funds for professional growth.
To apply for any of the following positions, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
MTS is an equal opportunity employer.
MTS Part Time Music Teacher Position
Mount Tamalpais School (MTS), a K-8 independent school serving up to 240 students in Mill Valley, California, is looking for a part-time music teacher for Grades 1-8. This teacher will have the opportunity to work with outstanding colleagues and a dynamic team to develop students’ musical skills in the lower school grades. The curriculum for the middle school Music classes (grades 6-8) will connect with the Social Studies and History program and include music from different cultures and historical time periods.
Our mission calls on us to develop “knowledge and goodness” and to be “inspiring and nurturing” in our work as educators. The new Music teacher will work as a collaborator and team teach with another music teacher. Our Foundations of Excellence Plan for School Year 2017-18 invites our teachers to push forward with project based learning, interdisciplinary experiences, and technology integration–knowledge and inspiring teaching.
MTS, known for the strength of its arts department, is at an exciting place in 2017 and beyond. With a phenomenal budget for professional development, new leadership, and a clear vision for the future, a music teacher who wants to strengthen our Arts and Music program and help our students succeed will thrive at MTS.
● Teach music to student in grades 1-5
● Teach a music curriculum covering music from different cultures and historical periods to students in middle school (grades 6-8)
● Work as an accompanist to vocal groups
● The teaching schedule requires availability for Monday & Tuesdays from 11:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.
Education and Experience:
● A BM in Music with the ability to accompany vocal groups as a pianist
● Some experience teaching Orff instruments to students in grades 1-3 is preferable
● Experience teaching middle school students
● Experience with choral groups and vocal performance desired
● Two years of teaching experience
● Ability to work with a wide range of individuals
● Exceptional communication and organizational skills
● The ability to work both independently and collaboratively
● Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Mount Tamalpais School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MTS adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on race, color, creed, age, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnicity or national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, any protected military or veteran status, physical disability, or any other category protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.