Employment at MTS
At MTS we seek educators who share a commitment to "knowledge and goodness" and have experience creating an "academically inspiring and nurturing environment." Engaged in the classroom, all of our teachers also take an active role in school life outside of the classroom. As a community of adults, we are committed to professional excellence. The school provides ample opportunities and funds for professional growth.
MTS is an equal opportunity employer.
Mount Tamalpais School (MTS), a K-8 independent school serving up to 240 students in Mill Valley, California is looking for a part-time counselor. The counselor will have the opportunity to work with our two Learning Specialists and Division Heads to support our students across the school.
Our mission calls on our school to be “academically inspiring and nurturing environment” as we aim to “fully realize the human potential” of our students. The new counselor will work to realize both of these goals in supporting students, teachers, and families. The academic as well as social emotional wellbeing our our students is of paramount importance. We hope the counselor will allow us to better meet the needs of all of our students.
MTS is at an exciting place in 2018 and beyond. With a strong budget for professional development, growing enrollment, and a clear vision for the future, a counselor who wants to strengthen a student-centered community will thrive.
- Serve students in grades K-8
- Support the implementation and integration of behavior, self-regulation, and
- conflict-resolution plans
- Provide a limited amount of short-term 1:1 and small group student support
- Consult with teachers and parents, providing referrals after parent meetings
- Monitor student progress and maintain communication with teachers and parents
- Keep updated referral list of support groups and therapists
- Collaborate with the Director of Admissions on a case by case basis.
- Position will be ~10 hours a week
Education and Experience:
- Related Advanced Degree such as MFT, LCSW, DsyD, PhD, or licensed school counselor
- Experience working as therapist with children and their parents
- Experience in a school setting is valued but not required
- Ability to work with a wide range of individuals
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Mount Tamalpais School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MTS adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on race, color, creed, age, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnicity or national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, any protected military or veteran status, physical disability, or any other category protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.