ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF MARKETING AND ADMISSIONS
Mount Tamalpais School (MTS), a top-rated K-8 independent school serving up to 240 students in Mill Valley, California, is actively searching for an Associate Director of Marketing and Admissions (ADMA). This staff member will have the opportunity to expand the School’s marketing efforts through broader relationship-based and event marketing.
MTS’ legacy is strong and the school is well positioned for continued growth and impact. We have an outstanding academic and co-curricular program that delivers on our marketing positioning “Where tradition meets tomorrow.” Our graduates are matriculating to their first-choice high schools and thriving once they arrive and beyond. And our parent community is passionately supportive of the school with a Net Promoter Score of 79 and universal participation in the Annual Fund. We hope to leverage these strengths and our strong momentum to further expand our enrollment, so that more students and families experience the joy and rigor of the MTS experience.
The ADMA will be instrumental in this growth. S/he will partner with the Director of Admissions and Marketing, Amy Pearson, as well as our Communications Manager, Heather Brubaker, to deepen and expand our marketing work. Building on our print and social media marketing, this new hire will focus on event and relationship-based marketing.
● Relationship-based marketing: The ADMA will establish and coordinate a relationship-based marketing plan with the Director of Admissions of Marketing and Head of School with the goal of deepening relationships and fostering loyalty, interaction, and long-term engagement with key influencers in the market (e.g., alumni/alumni families, pre-school directors) by providing them with school information directly suited to their needs so they actively refer/recommend MTS to their networks. Included in these efforts are:
○ Organizing/preparing for one-on-one targeted meetings with key influencers
○ Building and sustaining strong, meaningful community relationships to keep MTS “top of mind”
○ Creating touch points with key influencers to encourage involvement in the MTS community (i.e., a council of alumni/alumni parents that have some sphere of influence)
○ Methodically building a database of influencer relationships and monitoring touch points (e.g., 1:1 meetings, mailers/newsletters, event invites)
● Event-based marketing: The ADMA will plan and host events on campus and in communities where the School’s current and prospective families live to spread positive awareness about our school and highlight its differentiated program.
The ADMA will also support the work of the Admissions process. In particular, s/he will lead the organization of admissions events such as tours, neighborhood coffees and socials, and our annual STEM Fest. This position includes attending and/or running events on select evenings and weekends. S/he will also support the admissions database and application process.
Education and Experience:
BA or BS in a relevant field. Advanced degree(s) preferred
Experience with relationship and event marketing
Exceptional communication/presentation, interpersonal and organizational skills
Proven ability to interact with sophisticated clients
Proven ability to develop trusted relationships
An ability to work both independently and collaboratively
High-level of energy, commitment and enthusiasm for independent education model
Send a cover letter and resume to Amy Pearson email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Mount Tamalpais School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MTS adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on race, color, creed, age, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnicity or national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, any protected military or veteran status, physical disability, or any other category protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.