After the bell
MTS offers after-school care until 6:00 pm. Younger students enjoy the playground and spend time together inside. Older students work on homework and projects in the library and can also participate in silent study hall to complete homework and receive additional teacher input.
A wide variety of enrichment classes are offered Mondays–Thursdays in 45-minute sessions. Sign-ups are by trimester.
Classes typically offered:
- Acronastics (K-2)
- Beginning Voice (4-8)
- Chess (K-8)
- Coding (3-5)
- Cooking: Amazing World of Edible Art (K-1)
- Cooking: Around the World (2-5)
- Dance (K-2), (3-5), and (6-8)
- Flag Football (2-5)
- Glass Art (K-2) and (3-5)
- Golf (K-8)
- Impromptu Public Speaking (6-8)
- Intro to Coding (3-5)
- Intro to Coding for Middle School (6-8)
- Jewelry Making (K-8)
- Multi-Media Art (K-5)
- Ping Pong (3-8)
- Yoga (K-3) and (4-8)
Students who take the Impromptu Public Speaking Class compete in the annual Margie Burke Memorial Speech Tournament at Ross School each spring.